How do I disable Alps Touch Pad on Dell Precision M60 (Windows Server 2003)

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by jb_in_marietta, Sep 15, 2004.

  1. I am trying to figure out how to disable the touchpad on a Dell
    Precision M60 that is running Windows Server 2003.
    When I double-click on the "Touch Pad" icon in the system tray, I get
    a dialog with the title "Mouse Properties" that pops up with the
    following tabs:

    Buttons
    Pointers
    Pointer Options
    Wheel
    Hardware
    Orientation
    Others

    None of these screens seem to contain an option to disable the
    touchpad.

    Under the "Hardware tab, I can select the properties of the touch pad,
    where there are three more tabs:

    General
    Advanced settings
    Driver

    None of these screens contains an option to disable the touchpad
    either.

    I have also tried to do this in the "My Computer" Device Manager, but
    to no avail.

    I'm sure I *could* disable the touch pad in the BIOS, but I would
    perfer to do it in Windows if possible.

    Is there something I'm overlooking?

    Thanks In Advance!

    --Jonathan