How do I disable the ata66 highpoint controllers on the ABIT BE-6 mainboard? Trying to install anoth

Discussion in 'Abit' started by Walker, Jul 16, 2003.

  1. Walker

    Walker Guest

    I am running Win98se on a P3 800mhz Abit BE-6 mainboard. I currently
    have a 40gig WD HD on IDE-3 under ata66. Ide1 has a 8 and 12 gig
    drives, Ide2 has the cdroms. I am trying to disable the onboard ata
    controller and install another ata controller for the drives. Windows
    keeps reinstalling the drivers for the onboard unit even when no drive
    is installed in ide-3 or 4.

    I removed the scsi controllers in the Device Manager SCSI controllers
    list. When the system boots it shows the highpoint ata controller
    screen. I don't have any drives listed even when drives are installed
    on ide-3 and being seen by windows.

    How do I disable the onboard controller so it doesn't show up when
    booting?
    Is there a web page with more info. The one I used to go to is gone.
    http://members.nbci.com/abit_be6/

    Any assistance would be appreciated.

    I have a hammer and that mainboard is beginning to look more and more
    like a nail.

    Walker, Jul 16, 2003