    Any help would be greatly appreciated (I am kind of really curious :))

    thanks
    srini

    srinivasan.murali, Oct 30, 2006

  2. srinivasan.murali

    JeffM Guest

    It's easy to tell. Don't do this:
    http://groups.google.com/groups/sea...29w6Kctl1RRmZMWyJe3lW5hXON_O-bsoDRw&scoring=d

    If you feel the need to cunsult multiple groups, do it this way:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross-post
    http://groups.google.com/group/sci....ups+*-*-*-*-two-groups-*-*-aren't-*-different

    Something you should have read BEFORE posting to Usenet:
    http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:...zz+Usenet+don't-post-to-each-group-separately

    JeffM, Oct 30, 2006

  3. oops !! I am sorry. I haven't used the groups that much before and
    didn't know about multi and cross posting :(

    Thanks for pointing out and sorry again.

    srini

    srinivasan.murali, Oct 30, 2006
  4. srinivasan.murali

    CBFalconer Guest

    Also don't top-post. Your answer belongs after the material to
    which you reply, after snipping irrelevant material. See the
    references in my sig below.

    --
    Some informative links:
    <<http://www.geocities.com/nnqweb/>

    CBFalconer, Oct 30, 2006
  5. srinivasan.murali

    Jim Stewart Guest

    You get a job at a company that makes things and
    learn for a few years.

    Jim Stewart, Oct 30, 2006
  6. You design a circuit board and send documentation to a PCB fab
    (foreign or domestic). Programs to develop the necessary
    documentation are available for fairly reasonable prices (maybe even
    some shareware). You then need to either stuff and solder the board
    yourself or find someone to do it. The toughest part may be designing
    and building the packaging for a device such as you describe. I
    modify standard enclosures on a milling machine for low volume
    products. Plastic molds are very expensive and need large volumes to
    amortize.

    Gary Reichlinger, Oct 31, 2006
  7. If you mention China as a possible place of manufacturing, you seem to
    hav a commercial device in mind. I think it is important to mention that
    there are many more legal chalanges than mechanical ones. It is rather
    easy to get some kind of board slammed together tht works for your
    purposes, even in numbers.

    But then comes the legwork: does your aparatus comply with all rules and
    regulations of your state? Your country? Will you be selling overseas?
    What are the rgulations there? What happens to dead batteries? Do you
    have to take old devices back (European Union)? How do you handle quality?

    Once you figured all that out, then you go and calculate if it is still
    worrth building more than one device (sales, win, vs cost and time).

    Now you will probably decide to build a single device, which you can
    easily plug together on a breadboard without even touching a soldering
    iron or manufacturing a PCB ;-)

    Matthias

    Matthias Melcher, Nov 8, 2006