    Thanks in advance

    Fred Roberts

    PS: Where is the FAQ for this Newsgroup Held

    Support, Jun 26, 2003

  2. Support

    Temor Guest

    Look for the product number on a sticker on the back of the PC, e.g. D5869A
    etc. then go search hp.com with that prod. #

    Temor, Jun 27, 2003

  3. Support

    spot Guest

    Use the dos debug utility to examine the bios. If you have windows
    installed, debug can be run from start>run or a dos window, or run it from a
    startup floppy. If you're unfamiliar with debug, a simple script to get
    started might go like this:

    debug
    df000:0

    The 0's are zeros. Thereafter, keep entering d until the info you're looking
    for comes up. Q quits debug. Each bios is different, but on an 8480z for
    example the following debug command will bring up the bios version, bios
    maker, hardware and software boms, model, serial, product, and support id
    numbers, as well as the board maker and board name.

    df000:4552 45ff

    spot, Jun 27, 2003