    Please help

    --

    My ICQ # is 28930715

    Orbit8, Feb 16, 2004

  2. Orbit8

    Lenny Guest

    > I have upgraded to Audigy Gamer card. New games work well, but old DOS

    games
    > have no sound. Is there a special driver or program that is know to

    anyone?

    I don't think DOS sound is supported by the Audigy series. I mean, come on
    now, it was ten years or more since the games you mention were released. :)

    There are ways around your problem, one is to install a soundblaster
    emulator, and the other is to play an updated source port of your games. I'd
    recommend the second option, as the updated ports typically allow 3D card
    acceleration, updated graphics etc. You can find a DOS sound emulator here:
    http://ntvdm.cjb.net/ and one of the best, if not the best
    Doom/Heretic/Hexen source ports here: http://www.doomsdayhq.com/

    Lenny, Feb 17, 2004

  3. Orbit8

    Jenny100 Guest

    Re: How do I get Audigy card to work with Dos games like Doom orHeretic?

    Orbit8 wrote:
    > I have upgraded to Audigy Gamer card. New games work well, but old DOS games
    > have no sound. Is there a special driver or program that is know to anyone?
    >
    > Creative's website has no solutions I can find. Is it required that you have
    > some sort of dual sound card setup?
    >
    > Please help

    Try an emulator
    http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/information.php?page=0