  1. George

    George Guest

    Is there some kind of system extension that would get me over this limitation?

    George, Jan 25, 2004

  2. George

    sbt Guest

    You could probably write a little application that uses the
    long-filename APIs that arrived with OS 9, but neither the Finder nor
    any of your normal applications will display the names correctly.
    You'll see part of the name, followed by a # and a hex number. The
    filesystem supports the long names (as you can see by writing a disk
    with the long names in OS X and then mounting it in OS 9); however,
    either nobody or virtually nobody made use of the provided APIs in OS 9
    apps, including Apple!

    sbt, Jan 25, 2004

  3. George

    Sean McBride Guest

    There is such a thing, but I forget its name :(

    Sean McBride, Jan 25, 2004
  4. George

    Tim Murray Guest

    Yeah, I had it too -- I forgot its name -- for about an hour! No apps
    supported long names, so it was meaningful only at the finder level.

    Tim Murray, Jan 26, 2004