How do i know if i have PAL or NTSC

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Dr Richard Cranium, Aug 14, 2003.

  1. yeah its a location thing. PAL Europe, NTSC USA

    ** No Fate **

    cheers,
    dracman
    Tomb Raider: Shotgun City
    http://www.smokeypoint.org/traod/traod.html
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/tomb.htm
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/tombraider1/tombraider1pictures.htm
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/3dfx.htm
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/banshee.html
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/My_PC.htm
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/tomb2.htm#Tova

    NFS: drive at the limits of tyre adhesion ! snag Lara's Croftraider IV sports car ! !
    NFS3:NFS4
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/3dfx.htm#raider

    http://www.smokeypoint.com/3dfx.htm#blondstranger
    NFS:HS - Reg method to add your d3d card to NFS:HS
    NFS III - Reg method to add your d3d card to NFS:HP
    -=-=-
    Mad Onion - 3DMark 2001 and 3DMark 2001se -
    {not the Pro} 4x4 Missile Launcher Truck Secret Game Demo screen snaps
    (and secret password)
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/3dmark2001.html
    -=-=-

    http://www.smokeypoint.com/glidos.htm
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/3dfx.htm#blondstranger
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/medipak.htm
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/tr2code.htm
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/banshee.html
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/tombraider1/tombraider1midaspics.htm

    ** Win2k and winXP hi-res with TR1
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/glidos.htm

    : I am having the same issue as everyone else...after 9x 90b i lost tv...but i
    : have heard that NTSC works....what are these and how do i know which i have
    : or am supposed to have?
    :
    : I live in AZ, USA if it a location thing..
    :
    : Thanks,
    : Steve
    :
    :

    steve, Aug 14, 2003

  3. Dr Richard Cranium

    steve Guest

    Well then its not just a PAL thing.......
    I have maine set to NTSC and i still have the EXACT same problem...anyone
    else reporting having issue with NTSC?
    Steve

    steve, Aug 15, 2003
  4. Dr Richard Cranium

    Arto V Guest

    NTSC is for U.S tv systems and Pal is for european.
    and remember to check is there dip switches on the card wich makes it work
    on either one.

    Arto V, Aug 15, 2003
  5. Dr Richard Cranium

    steve Guest

    My card was working fine...until DX 9.0b, so i know its not a jumper
    issue....so this would sem to effect PAL and NTSC alike...
    Steve

    steve, Aug 15, 2003
  6. Dr Richard Cranium

    God Guest

    I wouldn't be too sure about that...

    to switch from PAL to NTSC, you need a different BIOS.

    The switches on the DV are to enable/disable the firewire ports...

    God, Aug 15, 2003
  7. Dr Richard Cranium

    Arto V Guest

    Well, i have connect3d 9800 nonpro and it came with note that said that the
    card has dipswitches for changing between NTSC to PAL. And the Pal is for
    european tv systems etc.

    Arto V, Aug 15, 2003