How do I set my new AMD Athlon XP 2600+ 333FSB to 333FBS on my Asus A7N8X Deluxe mobo (and other q

Discussion in 'AMD Thunderbird' started by Dunny Rummy, Dec 18, 2003.

  1. Dunny Rummy

    Dunny Rummy Guest

    Beefing up my machine but need some help for optimal settings in BIOS
    for my new CPU and memory settings
    I might mention one of my 512s' is a 2100 while the other one is a
    2700 (backwards compatible). I plan to replace the 2100 with a 512 MB
    PC2700 DDR some time later.
    AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2600+ 1.92GHz
    1023MB DDR

    CPU Properties:
    CPU Type AMD Athlon XP-A, 1921 MHz (5.75 x 334) 2600+
    CPU Alias Barton
    L1 Code Cache 64 KB
    L1 Data Cache 64 KB
    L2 Cache 512 KB (On-Die, Full-Speed)

    CPU Physical Info:
    Package Type 453 Pin PGA
    Package Size 4.95 cm x 4.95 cm
    Transistors 54.3 million
    Process Technology 6Mi, 0.13 um, CMOS, Cu
    Die Size 101 mm2
    Core Voltage 1.65 V
    I/O Voltage 1.6 V
    Typical Power 53.7 - 60.4 W (depending on clock speed)
    Maximum Power 68.3 - 76.8 W (depending on clock speed)
    Memory Slot 1/3:
    [ 512 MB PC2700 DDR SDRAM ]

    Memory Module Properties:
    Serial Number None
    Module Size 512 MB (1 rows, 4 banks)
    Module Type Unbuffered
    Memory Type DDR SDRAM
    Memory Speed PC2700 (166 MHz)
    Module Width 64 bit
    Module Voltage SSTL 2.5
    Error Detection Method None
    Refresh Rate Reduced (7.8 us), Self-Refresh
    Highest CAS Latency 2.5 (6.0 ns @ 166 MHz)
    2nd Highest CAS Latency 2.0 (7.5 ns @ 133 MHz)

    Memory Module Features:
    Early RAS# Precharge Not Supported
    Auto-Precharge Not Supported
    Precharge All Not Supported
    Write1/Read Burst Not Supported
    Buffered Address/Control Inputs Not Supported
    Registered Address/Control Inputs Not Supported
    On-Card PLL (Clock) Not Supported
    Buffered DQMB Inputs Not Supported
    Registered DQMB Inputs Not Supported
    Differential Clock Input Supported
    Redundant Row Address Not Supported
    Memory Slot 3/3:

    [ Infineon HYS64D64020GU-7 ]

    Memory Module Properties:
    Module Name Infineon HYS64D64020GU-7
    Serial Number None
    Module Size 512 MB (2 rows, 4 banks)
    Module Type Unbuffered
    Memory Type DDR SDRAM
    Memory Speed PC2100 (133 MHz)
    Highest CAS Latency 2.5 (7.5 ns @ 133 MHz)
    2nd Highest CAS Latency 2.0 (10.0 ns @ 100 MHz)

    Dunny Rummy, Dec 18, 2003

  2. Dunny Rummy

    Wes Newell Guest

    Ok, what you need to do is to sell all your ram on ebay and then order
    some fast ram. To be safe, I'd get PC3700 minimum. Now oncew you have
    that, start raising the FSB. Run ram and FSB in sync. The defaulty
    multiplier for your cpu is 11.5. Lower that to 10-11. Run FSB at 190-210,
    11x200=2200MHz. A good setting.

    Wes Newell, Dec 19, 2003