  1. Like it says in the subject,...how do you guys go about testing your
    system for o/c stability? i.e. what programs, methods and your best
    hardware recommendations.

    Edward Lee Ah Yen, Sep 8, 2003

  2. Edward Lee Ah Yen

    Rick Guest

    I use a combination of Prime95 and any high-end 3D game demo at
    full detail (the "Serious Sam" demo is a good one), run overnight.

    CPUBurn is good for testing cpu/chipset temps at full load.

    Memtest86 is the best ram-specific test utility I've found.

    Rick

    Rick, Sep 8, 2003

  3. Edward Lee Ah Yen

    Mark H Guest

    I've been using prime 95 - it tends to find problems quickly. by
    constantly running numerical calculations, the processor temp rises and
    system memory is used extensively.

    --
    Mark H --- Frag on !
    NF7-S v2.0 Win2k-sp4

    Mark H, Sep 8, 2003

  4. Hi,

    I use:

    1) Mem-Test x86 which boots from a floppy, very good app, only had it about
    2 months.

    2) Prime-95 Torture test, which I run for 24hours +, This is a good test for
    CPU stability and load temps.

    3) Super PI, which I use in much the same way as Prime95, although I think
    you can get a benchmark from it (don't know how)

    4) Any Hefty 3D game that allows high details and has an option to loop,
    usually run a loop for 24hours+, also I include 3D-Mark2001se and 3D-Mark03
    in this category.

    5) User Experience, by that I mean I actually use the computer being tested
    to surf the web, etc. If you are quite sensitive to PC hardware then
    spending several hours actually using it for day to day tasks can be quite
    revealing.

    6) DivX/MP3 encoding, well I mean if you gonna spend all that time
    *stressing* your machine then why not get something productive out of it :p

    7) Multi-Task any/all of the above, hehe sound ludicrous, but if it don't
    crash doing this, then I don't see what the heck could bring this system
    down!

    I'm sure there is more, but I can't think of any right now. .

    Wayne ][

    Wayne Youngman, Sep 9, 2003