    99% of the time they are of no freaking help whatsoever.
    If Dell has to outsource to India, why waste the money? Just close
    tech support altogether.

    jack starr, Feb 22, 2004

  2. It's easy to bypass your 'freakin moron' brain. PLONK.

    Rocky

    Rocket J. Squirrel, Feb 22, 2004

  3. jack starr

    Joan Hansen Guest

    Jack, I won't call anymore. I just email, for me it was much quicker.
    Do the things they ask you to do and its done. Of course, if you know
    up front you really have a hardware problem.

    Joan

    Joan Hansen, Feb 22, 2004
  4. Asked and answered. Ad nauseum.

    Larry

    Lawrence Glasser, Feb 22, 2004
  5. jack starr

    Crooker Guest

    An intelligent response!

    Crooker, Feb 22, 2004
  6. jack starr

    Keith S. Guest

    Keith S., Feb 22, 2004
  7. jack starr

    Irene Guest

    Don't buy from Dell's "Home and Home Office" division.
    Buy from their Small Business division and buy the optional Gold Service(I
    think that is what they call it).

    Or take your business elsewhere.

    Irene, Feb 22, 2004
  8. jack starr

    Irene Guest

    Irene, Feb 22, 2004
  9. Small business still gets you India. If there is a next time, I will try
    the Gold Service which I didn't see as an option last March when I bought my
    last system.

    Thomas M. Goethe, Feb 23, 2004
  10. It's relatively new, and was started-up when Dell began outsourcing.

    Larry

    Lawrence Glasser, Feb 23, 2004
  11. good article. it echoes what i have said before... being the 'best' doesn't
    mean you are any good, it just means that you are the best.

    Christopher Muto, Feb 23, 2004
  12. jack starr

    dennis Guest

    Dell is short for New Delhi, India. I just posted my sad experience.
    Just call Gateway and talk to a salesperson there! You at least get
    American sales persons speaking clear english. Tech support during heavy
    call periods can be outsourced help.

    dennis, Feb 23, 2004
  13. jack starr

    Sonja Guest

    Not all of them are morons -- I had a good one the other day. I have
    considered just calling up and hanging up until I got someone without
    an accent (mexican or Indian). But I had someone with a mexican
    accent who also gave good support, so I have been humbled by my
    stereotypes.

    The other part of it is that I hate that American jobs are hemorraging
    (sp) overseas, so I might hang up and call again just for that reason.
    Unfortunately, that may not be realistic if only a small fraction of
    support calls are handled in the U.S.

    Sonja

    Sonja, Feb 23, 2004
  14. jack starr

    Leythos Guest

    I though Dell support was in Bangor (spelling), not Delhi?

    Leythos, Feb 23, 2004
  15. jack starr

    skids Guest

    Actually Dell, Gateway & HP use overseas support as do most large tech
    companies in the US.

    skids, Feb 23, 2004
  16. You get an English speaking salesperson with *all* sellers.

    Larry

    Lawrence Glasser, Feb 23, 2004
  17. Bangalore. Home of India's answer to MIT.

    Zippy the Pinhead, Feb 24, 2004
  18. jack starr

    Ned Flanders Guest

    Talk very, very fast. And due to the delay say "what?" every time
    they try to talk; you will then be told to hold and you will be
    transferred to a call center in the USA.

    Works like a charm…

    Cheers,

    Ned

    Ned Flanders, Feb 25, 2004
  19. jack starr

    Irene Guest

    Sounds weird, but who knows. Considering the problems with Tech Support
    from the "Home and Home Office" folks, anything is worth a try. >gr<

    Irene, Feb 25, 2004
  20. jack starr

    goop Guest

    you know, I've read about all the complaints about india and have even had a
    few myself, but the language barrier really hasn't been one of them. most
    of the indian techs I speak to can speak english just fine. they just don't
    troubleshoot very well. give me an indian tech any day over some dumb
    sorrority chickie at the local university.

    at least I'd be able to talk to them without all the "likes"

    goop, Feb 26, 2004