    replace," or "stop."

    Thanks,
    Rog

    Roger, Jan 21, 2008

  2. Rename them first by using a program like 'A Better Finder Rename'.

    Johan W. Elzenga, Jan 21, 2008

  3. Roger

    zachscrivena Guest

    Here's a small command-line Java program I wrote that does these kinds
    of renaming tasks:

    RenameWand
    http://renamewand.sourceforge.net/

    examples:

    Drop the "IMG_" prefix:
    java -jar RenameWand.jar "IMG_<a>" "<a>"

    Replace filenames with "mypics" followed by a 3-digit number starting
    at 42, ordering by original filename:
    java -jar RenameWand.jar "*.jpg" "mypics<3|41+#FN>.jpg"

    Hope that helps

    zachscrivena, Jan 22, 2008
  4. No. Anything done by this script, the user could type in directly.
    The problem you have in mind would be if this script where "setuser"
    or "setgroup" or were running as something like a CGI script, so that
    the script would be running as a different user from the person using
    it. And in that case, perl would turn on taint mode, which I believe
    would prevent the eval from happening.

    - Bill Mitchell

    william mitchell, Jan 22, 2008