    rebooting the computer? Once in a while it'll lock up due to a program error
    in Cakewalk Sonar and my device becomes unusable until I reboot.

    It's bloody annoying to have to reboot when this happens. :-(

    mjs, Nov 14, 2007

  2. mjs

    Glennbo Guest

    In the
    Try going into the Window's device manager, right clicking the Gina,
    selecting "disable", followed by an "enable"? That frequently works with
    my gear when something doesn't release properly.

    --
    Remove YourHeadFromYourAss to Reply by email
    ________ ____

    Glennbo, Nov 14, 2007

  3. mjs

    Max Arwood Guest

    You could also try to change the digital mode from SPDIF to ADAT and back
    that will work sometimes.
    Max Arwood

    Max Arwood, Nov 14, 2007
  4. mjs

    Neil Rutman Guest

    Inside the Gina console go to "settings" then "advanced." Change one of
    those settings and hit "apply." This will often recycle my Layla 24 when
    necessary.

    Neil R

    Neil Rutman, Nov 14, 2007
  5. mjs

    Carey Carlan Guest

    I've never seen or used the card, but the first question is always,
    "Do you have the most recent driver for your OS?"

    Carey Carlan, Nov 14, 2007
  6. mjs

    Neil Rutman Guest

    "Do you have the most recent driver for your OS?"

    In this case rthe most recent driver (7.2) can be causing some problems.
    I've been in contact with Echo tech support recently about a similar problem
    and they informed me that the most stable driver for xp is 6.14.

    --
    Neil Rutman
    Executive Producer

    Neil Rutman, Nov 14, 2007
  7. mjs

    Iplayjazz Guest

    My MOTU 24 i/o software has a refresh button that does this. Is there
    something in your software interface like this? I am sure you have checked
    this, but just thought I would throw it out there.

    alan

    Iplayjazz, Nov 14, 2007
  8. mjs

    mjs Guest

    Thanks, but my Echo cards have been locking up on me for years... I've
    always had to reboot when it happens.

    How many more years will it take before they add a reset button to the
    console? :-(

    mjs, Nov 17, 2007
  9. mjs

    mjs Guest

    I'll give that a try and report back here the next time it locks up, thanks.
    ;)

    mjs, Nov 17, 2007
  10. mjs

    Mike Rivers Guest

    Wrong question. You should ask: "How many months before they fix the
    firmware so that it won't lock up?" A reset button costs money for
    every unit built. A software fix only costs once (but it's harder to
    test). ;)

    Mike Rivers, Nov 17, 2007
  11. What do you mean for reset? a midi reset?

    Manuel Marino, Nov 17, 2007
  12. mjs

    mjs Guest

    Not midi. Audio. The audio gets frozen. All sounds (including Windows
    sounds) are disabled until the next reboot. Whatever initializing is done
    during the reboot should be do-able on command without rebooting.

    mjs, Nov 17, 2007
  13. mjs

    mjs Guest

    "The driver cannot be restarted right now; your changes will take effect
    when you restart your computer."

    :-(

    mjs, Nov 21, 2007
  14. mjs

    mjs Guest

    "Gina2G is either in use or turned off; your changes will take effect when
    you restart your computer"

    :-(

    mjs, Nov 21, 2007
  15. mjs

    mjs Guest

    I was referring to an on-screen reset button. One that would sent whatever
    command to the unit that a reboot does.

    mjs, Nov 21, 2007
  16. mjs

    Sue Morton Guest

    Did you go through task manager and terminate any apps (like sonar) that
    used the Gina but are still running? If the card really is in use that
    might now make a reset possible... just a thought, I've never experienced
    your issue so haven't had to look for a getaround...

    Sue Morton, Nov 21, 2007
  17. mjs

    Mike Rivers Guest

    Regardless of what the message says, what it almost certainly means is
    that the computer can't talk to the Gina card. So if it can't talk to
    the card, how will an on-screen button be able to reset it?

    Mike Rivers, Nov 21, 2007
  18. mjs

    Max Arwood Guest

    If you are unable to reset with the Gina Console. It's locked up big time.
    Like Sue said check the task manager and see if Sonar is stuck. If it is
    delete from task manager then try the Gina Console change settings. If that
    doesn't work, you are screwed. What version of Sonar are you using? Which
    Gina driver, which OS? If non of this works, I would try to remember what
    you were doing right before the crash. Also which plugins were in the song
    you were working on. Plugins are a major cause of crashes.

    Max Arwood

    Max Arwood, Nov 21, 2007
  19. mjs

    philicorda Guest

    You could try manually unloading and reloading the driver from the
    kernel, without rebooting the computer. It might not let you if the
    driver has zombified.
    If it works, make a script to do it and put it on your desktop.

    Else, perhaps using a different output driver (WDM,ASIO,MME,WaveRT etc)
    from Sonar could help.

    philicorda, Nov 21, 2007
  20. mjs

    mjs Guest