    In other words, finding out if unchecking that box helps doesn't really help
    me. I'd be crippling the right hand to free the left one. There is no happy
    ending down that path.

    mjs, Nov 27, 2007

  2. mjs

    Sue Morton Guest

    OK I get the full picture now. ;-) You just want to post questions, not
    see if this is the problem and, if by chance it is, get the card
    manufacturer to fix it. Yeah I get it! Have a great day.
    *plonk*

    Sue Morton, Nov 27, 2007

  3. mjs

    m.j.s. Guest

    No, *I* get the full picture now : you just want to play savior, and damn
    anyone who stands in your way... including the OP, who's problem you only
    half-read (and it's not the first time, either).

    I am not your guinea pig and I don't owe you or the world anything. I'm
    happy to receive any help I can get, but I am under no obligation to share
    your hero complex and save the cheerleader at the detriment of my own time
    and productivity.

    I told you the "Share Driver With Other Programs" checkbox exists for a
    reason, and even if the soundcard WERE to stop crashing with it unchecked,
    IT WOULDN'T BE OF ANY HELP TO ME BECAUSE I NEED IT CHECKED, you arrogant
    cow.

    People like you are why wars happens. I won't even ask if you're American,
    as it's clear by your latest posting that you are.

    I'd ask you to learn from this experience, but that's not your forte, is it?

    m.j.s., Nov 27, 2007
  4. mjs

    philicorda Guest

    You need all the information you can get.

    I think 'devcon restart {long device name}' will do what you want.

    philicorda, Nov 27, 2007
  5. mjs

    Michael Guest

    Doing it temporarily *does* help you: by determining whether or not sharing
    drivers is causing the lock-ups, you'll have more information about your DAW
    setup than you have now, and can better decide how to approach solving the
    problem.

    If unchecking the box does solve the problem, btw, there's something hogging
    the resource. (besides Sonar, which normally doesn't
    Finding out what the problem (and potentially therefore, knowing its
    solution) seems a damned happy start, though.

    Michael, Nov 27, 2007