    often need to select multiple objects, e.g. bunch of emails in Outlook inbox.
    But found impossible to do it with stylus only. Any solution to this
    "primitive" Shif+arrow operation?

    sunorain, Sep 3, 2009

  2. sunorain

    Invalid Guest

    On an XP tablet I set up a shortcut to OSK.exe the on screen keyboard.
    One click opens the keyboard, select shift and then use the stylus to
    select the set.

    On Windows 7 (& Vista) just call up the TIP from the tab on the side
    and hit shift.

    Regards

    Invalid, Sep 3, 2009

  3. sunorain

    sunorain Guest

    Thanks for hint, but in Outlook this trick doesn't work - you can check it on
    non-tablet PC too - Shift + mouse drag do nothing.

    sunorain, Sep 4, 2009
  4. sunorain

    Harry Guest

    on my Toshiba, I have an external button that does a SHIFT LOCK which let me
    point to items and they are selected.

    Harry, Sep 4, 2009

    Works with <ctrl> to make multiple non-adjacent selections as well.

    Beverly Howard

    Beverly Howard, Sep 4, 2009
  6. sunorain

    sunorain Guest

    I know.
    but tap+shift+tab work only on items which do fit on a single screen.
    shift+arrow works also on items which are out of view in scrollable list.

    sunorain, Sep 5, 2009
  7. sunorain

    sunorain Guest

    Nice. But Thinkpads haven't such trick. Plus we'd need "arrows".
    I rather though about stylus simulating arrows somehow...

    sunorain, Sep 5, 2009
  8. single screen <<

    options are there...

    The same holds for <ctrl> ... you can mark multiple entries on one
    screen, scroll or move elsewhere and continue to mark additional items.

    not saying that it does not take practice and experimentation, but many
    years with winmobile has shown that there are almost always options even
    though they may not be the ones commonly used in windows or other apps.

    In this case, the problem is not the stylus limit, but, rather, outlook
    quirks.

    Beverly Howard

    Beverly Howard, Sep 5, 2009
  9. sunorain

    SciJohn Guest

    This doesn't help you exactly but <tap> shift+hold, end selects everything
    down and <tap> shift+hold, home selects everything down.

    What I would like to see is a check box next to each message just like Vista
    does with explorer. Then you can select any messages you want without calling
    up the keyboard.

    SciJohn, Sep 9, 2009
  10. sunorain

    SciJohn Guest

    Correction:
    This doesn't help you exactly but <tap> shift (+hold), end selects everything
    DOWN and <tap> shift (+hold), home selects everything UP.

    What I would like to see is a check box next to each message just like Vista
    does with explorer. Then you can select any messages you want without calling
    up the keyboard.
    I kind of have this working by reprogramming the esc button to ctrl (Lenovo
    Tablet Shortcut Menu > Configure Tablet and Pen Settings > Buttons (tab)

    SciJohn, Sep 9, 2009
  11. sunorain

    sunorain Guest

    yeah, on thinkpads (don't know about other tablets) we are definetely in a
    need of more programmable buttons.
    tablets are still a pain...

    sunorain, Sep 11, 2009