    or should I just go for an 9600 pro?How much slower real world is the 9500
    nonpro compared to the 9600 pro and I'm not talking about the old red pcb
    with "L" shaped ram.I am talking about the Sapphire atlantis......

    smith, Aug 20, 2003

  2. smith

    Paul Lower Guest

    Hi
    I have a Sapphire 9500 in an AMD 2500+ machine with nvidia Nforce2 board and
    an Excalibur 9600 PRO in a 2.4 Pentium 4 800MHz machine with a 865PE board.
    They both benchmark about the same (11000+ in 2001SE and 3000+ in 3D Mark
    2003).
    The 9500 has the advantage that i can hack it to run like a 9700 if I really
    want some speed (14000+ and 4000+ on a good day). The only downside is that
    there are a few artifacts in OpenGL games.
    The 9500 is a hell of a video card if you can get one based on the old 9700
    PCB.
    Paul

    Paul Lower, Aug 22, 2003