    friends or coworkers? (5 total).

    does Apple actually makes you validate your OS like for XP or Vista or
    is it just an honor system like back in Win 95 /98 days?

    Summercool, Oct 17, 2007

  2. The license says it is for computers in the same household.
    Honor system.

    Michelle Steiner, Oct 17, 2007

  3. Summercool

    TaliesinSoft Guest

    Of course, that begs the question of what constitutes a "household"...

    Perhaps best not to walk down that path. :)[/QUOTE]

    A "household' is a single physical accomodation in which a number of persons
    live. The Apple license is quite clear in that context. As an example, the
    "family pack" specifically states that members of the family not living in
    the household are not included in the license.

    TaliesinSoft, Oct 17, 2007
  4. Summercool

    Placebo Guest

    Actually, Apple specifically mentions this situation:

    By "household" we mean a person or persons who share the same housing
    unit such as a home, apartment, mobile home, or condominium, including
    student members who are primary residents of that household but reside
    at a separate on-campus location.

    Placebo, Oct 17, 2007
  5. Summercool

    Jon Guest

    Good change for me with two non--resident student kids to think of.
    Yummy. :)

    Jon, Oct 17, 2007
  6. Summercool

    Jon Guest

    Yes. See other postings.

    Jon, Oct 17, 2007
  7. Summercool

    Jon Guest

    You are right, that is the case where I live, too (Norway). The legal
    residence in this case is different from the practical, physical
    residence when you are a student (normally unless you marry or take up
    major paid work).
    For the reason indicated above I wouldn't know that, but I am sure you
    are right. :)

    Jon, Oct 17, 2007
  8. Summercool

    Dick Sidbury Guest

    um.... I think it's probably broader than that. I notice that the
    educational pricing allows institutions to buy 5 packs (with no
    discount) so I'm guessing that we could buy a 5 pack for our office
    ethically.

    dick
    -- but since we only have three macs it doesn't really make any
    difference.

    Dick Sidbury, Oct 19, 2007