    this case, is the Mac protected against it, I wonder?

    Maybe the answer is yes? since by opening it, you won't be
    installing any malware as the root access is required to do that.

    Summercool, Oct 27, 2007

  2. Summercool

    Jesper Guest

    Your mac is safe. The PDF security bug only affects Windoze,

    Jesper, Oct 27, 2007

  3. Summercool

    Timberwoof Guest

    Rats! Yet another example of software that won't run properly on the
    Mac!

    }: )

    Timberwoof, Oct 27, 2007
  4. I don't know any details about this particular exploit, but I will point
    out that you don't need root access to install malware. Even if the user
    is running with a regular, non-administrator account any program they
    run can do pretty much anything it likes to that user's home folder e.g.
    email spam to anyone in their address book or delete all the files in
    the home folder. It can't damage the operating system or other user's
    accounts though without an administrator's password.

    Roger Johnstone, Oct 28, 2007
  5. Summercool

    Simon Slavin Guest

    Just a quick note that this thread is cross-posted between
    comp.sys.mac.advocacy and another group in the same hierarchy. If tempted
    to follow-up to both groups, please read the charter for .advocacy.

    Simon.

    Simon Slavin, Oct 29, 2007
  6. Summercool

    Andy Guest

    Ignoring all trolls crossposted between csms and cmsa would seem like an
    even better idea, IMHO.

    Andy.

    Andy, Oct 30, 2007