    apps....in terms of brute force which one win out?

    thanks

    Henrik

    Henrik Tived, Jul 2, 2005

  2. Definitely the 7800, at least for games and 3D apps. For Photoshop the gfx
    board is very irrelevant, there isn't any performance difference between
    these cards and even an old TNT2 board...

    The QuadroFX 3400 is basically a GF6800 Ultra with enhanced features like
    antialiased lines which are only relevant for certain professional apps like
    CAD, and it also offer Dual-Link DVI which You need for big displays like
    Apples 30" TFT. So, if You don't do CAD for living and if You don't need
    certified gfx then the Quadro is wasted money over a (much cheaper) 6800
    Ultra.

    So if You need the fastest card, the 7800 is clearly the choice from these
    three cards...

    Benjamin

    Benjamin Gawert, Jul 2, 2005

  3. Henrik Tived