    algae Guest

    .....compared to my Turtle Beach Santa Cruz sound card?

    Gary

    algae, Nov 8, 2003

  2. algae

    mrdancer Guest

    Most folks rate it as comparable to the SB Live! card, which I believe is
    similar to your card in sound quality. To improve sound quality, you'd
    probably want to go with the Audigy (latest Hercules is pretty good, too),
    as far as low-end soundcards go.

    For the good stuff, expect to pay over $300. ;-)

    mrdancer, Nov 10, 2003

  3. algae

    Ben Pope Guest

    If using a Dolby decoder with your speakers, probably as good for sound
    output quality. Sound input is another story, so I guess it depends on
    whats important to you.

    Ben

    Ben Pope, Nov 10, 2003