    45-49C and has hit 50C.

    Is that too hot (Inspiron 2200)

    Mel

    MZB, Jul 29, 2006

  2. MZB

    S.Lewis Guest

    "MZB" <> wrote in message
    news:qWNyg.5683$...
    > S-ware indicates my HD temp is typcially 42 C, but it often is between
    > 45-49C and has hit 50C.
    >
    > Is that too hot (Inspiron 2200)
    >
    > Mel

    No.

    S.Lewis, Jul 30, 2006

  3. MZB

    Ben Myers Guest

    50 degrees centigrade is around 120 Fahrenheit, just a little too hot to the
    touch. Not a problem... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Jul 30, 2006
  4. MZB

    Brian K Guest

    I believe over 55­° C is a cause for concern.

    Brian K, Jul 30, 2006
  5. MZB

    Guest

    It seems to me that about all you can do is observe your hd temp under
    different conditions and come with an average temp to shoot for and
    maintain and, if possible, stay away from those conditions that drive
    up the temps.

    While the hd may be built to take a high heat load, the hot temps
    cannot be good for the hd bearings.

    In my m600D, quite literally the hottest brand going, I try to keep the
    hd under 100 degrees F (38 C.). In the house with a/c that's pretty
    easy to do as my main use is word processing which does not seem to
    drive up the hd temp. In fact when I am inside the hottest hd temp
    centers about 92-95 F.

    However, in your case, the best it sounds like the best you can do is
    keep it around 45-49 C. Sounds high to me, but then that may be just
    the nature of your machine. What you saved on the purchase price,
    you may end up spending on replacing hds.

    When I am outside without a/c I have to use a laptop cooler to keep the
    hard drive under 100 F.

    MZB wrote:
    > S-ware indicates my HD temp is typcially 42 C, but it often is between
    > 45-49C and has hit 50C.
    >
    > Is that too hot (Inspiron 2200)
    >
    > Mel

    , Jul 30, 2006