    the PC start, it display the PCI card Bios banner and does nothing.

    Is there any way to prevent loading the Bios of the card, so I'll be able to
    try flash older version or use the card without bios

    Gilles Vollant, Mar 14, 2007

  2. Gilles Vollant

    Arno Wagner Guest

    As far as I am aware, you cannot ignore the BIOS of a
    card thatis pllugged in. I may be wrong on that.

    The BIOS chip may be in a socket and you can remove it then. One
    thing you can then try is a BIOS service. They should be able to flash
    a chip with an older BIOS for you and you can then swap the chips.

    If the BIOS is not socketed, there remains the option of somebody with
    very advanced soldering skills removing it or that Adaptec has some
    recovery procedure.

    Arno

    Arno Wagner, Mar 14, 2007