How is eVGA or PNY quality? Compared to Asus?

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by Aloke Prasad, Sep 3, 2003.

  1. Aloke Prasad

    Aloke Prasad Guest

    The eVGA 128 bit FX5900 card is now available for $279 at googlegear.com
    So is a PNY Verto 128 MB FX5900 card at CompUSA.

    I was originally going to buy the ASUS FX5600 product. But the above seem
    like a great deal.

    How does the eVGA card (specs at http://www.googlegear.com/PDF/322653.pdf' )
    compare to it's more pricey cousins?

    Some details for the eVGA card are:

    256-bit GeForce FX 5900 (400MHz Core Clock)
    128MB 256-bit DDR Memory
    AGP 8X/4X Compatibility (AGP 3.0 Compliant)
    PC 99 DB-15 analog connector (VESA DDC2B + DPMS)
    DVI-I Connector for Analog/Digital Display
    Integrated NVIDIA TV Encoder for TV Out
    300 Million vertices per second (est.)

    They seem to be using all of NVIDIA's drivers and utilities.

    Similar Asus card (V9950/TD/128M) is $389 !!

    Aloke Prasad, Sep 3, 2003

  2. Aloke Prasad

    John Lewis Guest

    Actually the eVGA FX5900 128meg is $248 from www.gameve.com including
    free Fedex Super Saver shipping to the US. I bought one from them.
    Quiet fan. No real frills, reference nVidia design..........just works
    perfectly.

    John Lewis

    John Lewis, Sep 4, 2003

  3. Aloke Prasad

    Ron Merts Guest

    Personally, I'd choose eVGA any day over PNY. As for comparing it to ASUS,
    they are very comparable cards. Have used LOTS of eVGA video cards and
    don't have any negative experiences with them.

    Ron

    http://www.googlegear.com/PDF/322653.pdf' )

    Ron Merts, Sep 4, 2003