    i have dead a7n8x deluxe- due to bios corruption i assume....i sent it back
    today...how long does amd usually take to rma a board??

    tia

    NewUser001, Jan 3, 2004

  2. NewUser001

    Fiddler Guest

    To fit your fancy?
    Make your mind up, first you tell us you sent it back to AMD and asked us
    how long.
    Now when we point out that you cannot send an ASUS product to AMD you come
    and tell us you sent it back.
    So just where did you send it?
    If as you said to AMD then how did you get it back?
    Go after it, go chase after it saying"oh I made a mistake, please let me
    have my board back"?

    Fiddler, Jan 3, 2004

  3. NewUser001

    Fiddler Guest

    And by the way,
    It aint to fit our fancy at all.

    Fiddler, Jan 3, 2004
  4. NewUser001

    Fiddler Guest

    You said(Newuser001) "i have dead a7n8x deluxe- due to bios corruption i
    assume....i sent it back
    today...how long does amd usually take to rma a board??

    tia"
    To AMD?
    Really........................
    and now as if by magic you have it back from AMD

    Fiddler, Jan 3, 2004
  5. NewUser001

    Rob Stow Guest

    Oh, grow up "Fiddler".

    Rob Stow, Jan 3, 2004
  6. NewUser001

    Fiddler Guest

    PIZZ OFF

    Fiddler, Jan 3, 2004
  7. NewUser001

    Rob Stow Guest

    I've returned 4 boards to Asus in the past two years.

    The times to get a replacement board back were
    about 3 weeks, 3 weeks, 2 weeks, and 3 months.

    The three month one includes three returns actually: I
    returned a board, got a replacement, returned the
    replacement, ... until the third replacement fixed
    the problem. (Thunder K7X Pro, refused to work
    with more than 3 DIMMs, regardless of DIMM sizes
    and speeds, and even though the DIMMs worked just
    fine in another K7X Pro system I had built.)

    Rob Stow, Jan 3, 2004
  8. NewUser001

    NewUser001 Guest

    wow you people are mature....i meant asus in the beginning...called a typo

    NewUser001, Jan 3, 2004
  9. NewUser001

    Sick Willie Guest

    Since the Thunder K7X Pro is made by Tyan, I'm a bit surprised that Asus
    took care of the RMA for you. <g>

    Sick Willie

    Sick Willie, Jan 3, 2004
  10. NewUser001

    Paul Guest

    The "Fiddler" is attempting to change the character of the newsgroup.
    Just ignore him/her/it. Most of the people who answer questions in
    this group are constructive, so don't take this "Fiddler" as an
    indication of what to expect...

    Paul
    << twaddle deleted >>

    Paul, Jan 3, 2004
  11. NewUser001

    Rob Stow Guest

    Duh ! I had a blonde moment there.

    I've built four Athlon dualies - two with Tyan boards
    and two with Asus boards. I had no problems with the
    Tyan boards. It was one of the Asus A7M266D boards that
    I had problems with. Hence, substitute A7M266D for
    K7X Pro in my previous post.

    As a matter of fact, the problem with one of the A7M266Ds
    and the fact that it took Asus 3 tries to put a good
    replacement board into my hands was what made me switch to
    Tyan for the next two Athlon dualies I made.

    I've never had to return a Tyan board in my life, but then
    again I have only used exactly two Tyan boards so far, as
    well as helping someone build his Opteron dualie with an S2885.

    Rob Stow, Jan 3, 2004
  12. NewUser001

    NewUser001 Guest

    i know thx paul

    NewUser001, Jan 4, 2004
  13. NewUser001

    Fiddler Guest

    Feck off

    Fiddler, Jan 4, 2004
  14. NewUser001

    NewUser001 Guest

    lol fiddler...what a loser

    NewUser001, Jan 4, 2004
  15. NewUser001

    Fiddler Guest

    Yeah and people who go around writing LOL are as well.
    Why the need to tell people...............
    Facking twat.

    Fiddler, Jan 4, 2004
  16. NewUser001

    Fiddler Guest

    At least I don't type amd instead of ASUS you feckin twat.

    Fiddler, Jan 4, 2004
  17. NewUser001

    NewUser001 Guest

    hmmm mature