    board? Or is that bios just made to show the card as XT with higher
    clock frequencies?

    Antti, Finland

    Antti, Sep 26, 2004

  2. Antti

    Avid Gamer Guest

    Yep thats it.

    Avid Gamer, Sep 26, 2004

  3. Antti

    Antti Guest

    Is what? Only a different name? My card has a R360 core though..

    Antti, Sep 26, 2004
  4. Antti

    Conor Guest

    ATITool

    Conor, Sep 26, 2004
  5. Antti

    Augustus Guest

    You had 8 pipelines before you flashed it too. But now your default core/mem
    speeds are at XT spec. Everest home edition (free) will give you all GPU
    specs along with a ton of other info.

    Augustus, Sep 26, 2004
  6. Antti

    Antti Guest

    Yes, I know. I don't have any idea why I thought pro had only 4. :)

    But basically I could also just modify the normal pro bios so that it
    has the higher clocks and it would be just the same? No other advantages
    with xt bios?

    Antti, Sep 26, 2004
  7. Antti

    Ice D Guest

    Have a peek at this overview:
    http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2195&p=2

    Ice D

    Ice D, Sep 26, 2004
  8. Antti

    Augustus Guest

    But basically I could also just modify the normal pro bios so that it has
    Is your card a R350 or R360 core? If the latter, the end product will be
    better. R360 cores have a thermal diode for monitoring temps, built in
    overclocking ability, and the core has additional shaders making a little
    faster than an R350 at the same speeds. Before you flash anything, make sure
    the card is capable of running at or above 9800XT spec.

    Augustus, Sep 26, 2004
  9. Antti

    Antti Guest

    This one has R360 but not an XT pcb. I read somewhere that only the ones
    with XT boards have the temperature reading chips. And a supporting fact
    is that ATiTool doesn't show any temperature readings as it would if
    temp chip would be available. Or..?

    Don't know about the oc ability either since it's not available in
    Display Settings. This one's oc'd by the bios and way over XT clocks. :)

    Any info on the temp reading or oc ability?

    Antti, Sep 26, 2004