    9600XT 128MB to GeForce 6800 Ultra 512MB. Can anybody tell me how much
    louder is it going to be compare to 9600?

    Thanks

    Sitti, Jun 7, 2005

  2. Sitti

    BigJim Guest

    Loud it is so loud that I can't hear my wife yelling at me, oh, that's a
    good thing.

    BigJim, Jun 7, 2005

  3. Sitti

    Dragoncarer Guest

    Hey incidentally, while we're on the topic.
    I am thinking of doing the same thing! Although I'm planning on a 6800GT.

    So, if anyone can help me, is it going to be worth waiting to get a 7800GT?

    Or should I just get a 6800 Ultra when the 7800 range is out - as the 6800
    range should go down in price?

    Many TIA.

    AMD Athlon XP 2600+, 512 DDR, 9600XT 256MB.

    Dragoncarer, Jun 8, 2005
  4. Sitti

    Ken Marsh Guest

    #Hey incidentally, while we're on the topic.
    #I am thinking of doing the same thing! Although I'm planning on a 6800GT.

    #So, if anyone can help me, is it going to be worth waiting to get a 7800GT?

    We'll have to see some more comprehensive testing to tell, even then with
    Beta drivers we won't get the full picture until it hits the streets.

    #Or should I just get a 6800 Ultra when the 7800 range is out - as the 6800
    #range should go down in price?

    The 6800 (in any flavor) is a huge leap over your 9600XT. (No flies on
    the 9600XT, it was the best Value Card for over a year, quite a reign).
    How long to wait depends on how much you are enjoying, or not enjoying,
    your current games and your current bank (or bank card) balance.

    #AMD Athlon XP 2600+, 512 DDR, 9600XT 256MB.

    BTW, you need more DDR, Newegg has Corsair 2x512MB CAS2.5 for $77. I have two
    pair (in 2 machines), Good Stuff(tm).

    Ken.

    Ken Marsh, Jun 8, 2005
  5. Sitti

    Dragoncarer Guest

    Dragoncarer, Jun 8, 2005
  6. Sitti

    DaveL Guest

    It all depends on which brand of 6800U you get.

    DaveL

    DaveL, Jun 8, 2005