    Ron Chusid Guest

    I'm looking for a new notebook, and wonder how useful a Centrino is?
    Is batter life reallly signficantly longer?

    Ron Chusid, Feb 29, 2004

  2. Ron Chusid

    JHEM Guest

    Only if you consider twice the normal battery runtime to be useful. ;-)

    My Thinkpad T30, P4-M 2GHz - Up to 2.5 hours with 6 cell battery.

    My Thinkpad T40, P-M 1.5GHz - Up to 5.5 hours with 6 cell battery, 7.5 hours
    with 9 cell.

    Regards,

    James

    JHEM, Feb 29, 2004

  3. Ron Chusid

    Ron Chusid Guest

    If this is true that it gets twice the normal batter life, I will get
    the Centrino. I don't use my notebook very much now on battery, but
    that is partially because battery life is so poor.

    Ron Chusid, Feb 29, 2004

  4. Centrino is Intel's marketing designation for the Pentium-M chip plus
    their wireless chipset. Lots of laptops are sold with Intel's Pentium-M
    chip along with other wireless chipsets (most of which are better than
    Intel's, giving you more high speed wifi options) But they can't call
    those Centrino. If you want a better battery life, look for a laptop
    with a Pentium-M in it, whether it is "Centrino" or not is irrelevant.

    Douglas Siebert, Feb 29, 2004
  5. Ron Chusid

    RWS Guest

    RWS, Mar 1, 2004