How to adjust refresh rate for power/battery system tray icon?

Discussion in 'Compaq' started by Darwin, Feb 12, 2004.

  1. Darwin

    Darwin Guest

    Hi all,

    I am running sp-4 on my notebook (Presario 1700) and have just started
    having the following problem (not related to upgrading to sp-4 that I can
    see - I did that months ago and everything worked flawlessly):

    the power icon/battery charge meter no longer seems to refresh or update
    itself. That is, when I hold the cursor over the icon in the system tray,
    the pop-up menu doesn't indicate what the true level of charge on my battery
    is. To get it to update, I have to double click on it to bring up the actual
    control panel entry.

    My question is, is there anywhere that I can adjust the interval at which
    the meter updates it s information?

    Hope this makes sense...

    Thanks,

    Mike