How to avoid damadging a TP 390 keyboard when removing it?

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by Karl-Heinz Zimmer, Apr 22, 2004.

  1. Hi,

    found this in the service manual of my Thinkpad 390X:

    "To remove the keyboard:

    1. Use a 1/8" alignment tool to release the latches to lift the
    middle cover away.

    2. Remove the two screws securing the keyboard.

    3. Carefully lift the keyboard up to expose the keyboard
    connector.

    Note: Be careful of the keyboard cable as it is fragile."

    Questions:

    a) What is a 1/8" alignment tool?

    b) Can I damadge some little connector cable when stiffing that alignment
    tool under the latches of the keyboard?

    Any hints appreciated, thank you in advance. :)

    Karl-Heinz

    Karl-Heinz Zimmer, Apr 22, 2004