    I remember when I had the ThinkPad R31, IBM support gave me the link to
    download the power meter program, when mine disappeared. But that was in XP.

    Thanks.

    Aaron, Dec 1, 2007

  2. Aaron

    Quaoar Guest

    Try adjusting the transparency to a lower level. This will darken the
    status bar. Frankly, turn off transparency altogether and make Vista run
    a bit more like XP. Google: turn off vista transparency.

    I do not believe you can change the system icon for the power meter.
    You might be bound by the startup program installed that overrides the
    Vista icon that is a dark background.

    To turn off transparency altogether, right-click the desktop, select
    Personalize, select Theme and toggle Vista Basic.

    Quaoar, Dec 2, 2007