    find the laptop hard drive or the desktop will freez. What's the
    right wawy to do this.
    Thanks in advacne

    zfc6e, Nov 25, 2003

  2. zfc6e

    David B. Guest

    Not enough info, what OS and file system are on each drive?

    David B., Nov 26, 2003

  3. If you are just trying to copy "files" and not the system, leave the
    drive in the notebook, network the laptop and desktop, and copy the
    files across the network.

    You did something wrong, because the hard drive should have been visible

    Barry Watzman, Nov 26, 2003
  4. connect the 2 Pcs via network or via USB

    Dennis Savatski, Nov 26, 2003
  5. zfc6e

    David B. Guest

    Not necessarily, which is why I asked the questions I did. If the laptop drive had an NTFS partition and the desktop was a Win 9X
    based OS, it will not be able to access the drive.

    David B., Nov 27, 2003
  6. Even then, at the hardware level (BIOS, FDISK) the drive would have been
    detected.

    Barry Watzman, Nov 27, 2003