    mails on the server.

    How can he do that?

    Jens

    Lyrik, Jun 12, 2010

  2. Lyrik

    J Burns Guest

    Mail.app > Preferences > Your Account > Advanced

    J Burns, Jun 12, 2010

  3. Open the Mail.app application in /Applications folder
    Press Command-I to list the Inbox Server Information.
    Select the appropriate mail server at the top.
    Select the Quota Limits box on the left.
    Select the Show Messages on POP server (should already be selected).
    Click and select on messages he wants to delete.
    Click REMOVE FROM SERVER button on lower right corner.

    Or Click the middle button MAILBOX BEHAVIORS on the top select bar.
    Click on the drop-down for TRASH folder and select "Quitting Mail".
    Select Quit Mail from the Menu Bar or press Command-Q.

    Michael Vilain, Jun 12, 2010
  4. It doesn't mention it, but it does bring up the same window. You can also
    right-click (or control-click) on any mailbox to access the same option.

    Michelle Steiner, Jun 13, 2010
  5. Lyrik

    Lyrik Guest

    Thank You all for the answers. The account was an IMAP and not a POP.
    It seams that when the mails were deleted from "Mail", it at the same
    time disapeared from the server.

    Greetings
    Jens

    Lyrik, Jun 13, 2010
  6. Yes, but only if they stay in the inbox and are deleted from the inbox. If
    you move them to another folder, that won't happen.

    Michelle Steiner, Jun 13, 2010