    did it before, but I've forgotten how. Can someone point me in the right
    direction?
    Thanks

    d49ot, Nov 25, 2003

  2. You bet. This has finally been fixed in Panther's e-mail program --
    when editing an account, you just choose "Edit Server list" from the
    SMTP pop-up menu.

    In 10.2.8 and earlier, it requires the use of an AppleScript, and it's
    one that's already on your computer. Here's how to do it:

    Hope that helps.

    Garner Miller, Nov 25, 2003

  3. If you have installed the developer tools or X-Code tools, double-click
    on ~/library/preferences/com.apple.mail.plist

    That will open the file in the property list editor.

    If the only item showing is "root"; click on the triangle to its left to
    display its contents. Look down the list for DeliveryAccounts and click
    its triangle to open it. You will see a numbered list there; open each
    list, in turn, with the triangles until you see the account you wish to
    delete. click on its header (which should be a number) and click Delete.

    Then save the file.

    Mail should be closed while you're doing this.

    The above is for Panther; earlier versions may have a different name in
    the property list editor.

    Michelle Steiner, Nov 25, 2003
  4. Yeah, this will work, but it's not needed any more. Since I have only
    one smtp account, I never looked at that popup that Garner Miller
    pointed out in Panther.

    Michelle Steiner, Nov 25, 2003
  5. d49ot

    d49ot Guest

    Thanks. I'm using 10.2.6 so this is what I needed.
    I did search the Apple Knowledge Base but it didn't turn up this
    article even though I used "server" as a search term. I've archived this
    file for future reference.
    Very odd that Apple would fail to build this into Mail.app (prior
    to Panther) and then provide a script to do it. Must have been an
    afterthought.

    d49ot, Nov 25, 2003
  6. d49ot

    d49ot Guest

    Thanks for the information, but this is a bit too "techie" for me.
    I don't use Developer Tools or X-Code. Another poster pointed me to a
    script that does the job, which is just about my speed in terms of
    tinkering under the hood.

    d49ot, Nov 25, 2003
  7. d49ot

    Enough Guest

    WHAT BULLSHIT! In Panther, all you have to do is select 'Manage SMTP
    Server' in the Mail Script menu. "Michelle," you continue to astond with
    your stupdiity!

    Enough, Nov 26, 2003
  8. d49ot

    Ian Gregory Guest

    Lack of awareness of all fixes in Panther is *not* astonishing.

    What *would* be astonishing is if you were to stop treating this
    group as a forum for the pursuance of your own childish grudges.
    I can only assume that you are either blissfully unaware of the
    universal opprobrium earned by your relentless efforts to drag
    c.s.m.s into the gutter or that it provides you with a perverse
    source of pleasure.

    Ian Gregory
    Systems and Applications Manager
    Learning and Information Services
    University of Hertfordshire

    Ian Gregory, Nov 26, 2003
  9. d49ot

    Enough Guest

    No, but posting here as a FUCKIN' EXPERT IS! "Michelle" seems to love to
    make a complete fool of "herself" in public. Probably explains why "she"
    cut off her dick!

    Enough, Nov 26, 2003