How to disable the spin up and down feature in MSI K8N NEO4-F motherhboard?

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Ant, Jun 10, 2007.

  1. Ant

    Ant Guest

    Hello.

    Ever since I have my CMOS resetted due to its battery, I noticed my CPU
    fan speeds up to 6K RPM and very loud when things get warm like gaming.
    It didn't do that before only went up to 3K RPM. I cannot seem to find
    CMOS setting to fix this. Even with the default disabled in Smart Fan
    setting. I cannot find it in the manual (PDF:
    http://global.msi.com.tw/index.php?func=downloaddetail&type=manual&maincat_no=1&prod_no=249
    FYI) as well. Is there something I missed?

    Thank you in advance. :)
    --
    "It is not enough to be industrious; so are the ants. What are you
    industrious about?" --Henry David Thoreau
    \ _ / Remove ANT from e-mail address:
    ( ) or
    Ant is/was listening to a song on his home computer: The String Quartet
    Tribute to The Rolling Stones - Paint it black

    Ant, Jun 10, 2007

  2. Ant

    Ginchy Guest

    its warm just now!

    Ginchy, Jun 11, 2007

  3. Ant

    Ant Guest

    Are you sure? Even when my room is cold, it is still spinning high. For
    example, 100F degrees CPU is still spinning high almost 6K RPM. Is that
    normal? I have gone this high and my stock CPU fan (came with the CPU)
    neve rspun this fast before.

    --
    "I do not believe that the Great Society is the ordered, changeless and
    sterile battalion of the ants. It is the excitement of becoming--always

    Ant, Jun 11, 2007