    AHB Guest

    I have the Lenovo X61 with WiFi but not mobile enabled.
    How can I enable this laptop for GSM SIM mobile enable?

    AHB, Feb 17, 2010

  2. Anthony R. Gold, Feb 17, 2010

  3. AHB

    AHB Guest

    Thank you Tony, Can you recommend any internet ISP service provider that
    accept this USB Modem dial up connection?

    AHB, Feb 20, 2010
  4. AHB

    AHB Guest

    John, Can you please tell me which USB modem can work on AT&T network? Thank
    you.

    AHB, Feb 20, 2010
  5. If you subscribe to a mobile broadband service then you do not "dial-up" to
    an another ISP for Internet connectivity - the mobile cell phone carrier is
    the connectivity ISP and they will connect you to the Internet directly.

    You mentioned in particular that you wanted a GSM carrier, so in the USA
    that limits you to ATT or T-Mobile. But if you have no special reason for
    GSM then you might also look at other carriers such as Sprint and Verizon
    Mobile. When traveling in North America I use Verizon Mobile, and as a
    device I user their Novatel MiFi 2200 which can be used both as a modem
    tethered to my Thinkpad's USB port or as a WiFi hotspot that can be used by
    up to 5 computers at the same time.

    This must all sound very complicated at first so maybe visit different
    phone stores and have them explain the options that they offer.

    Tony

    Anthony R. Gold, Feb 20, 2010
  6. AHB

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Dude! This isn't AT&T support. I suggest that you call them, they'll likely
    have a 1-800 number.
    --
    Shaun.

    Nota bene: 'Return to' email is very rarely checked, if at all. It's spam
    city but is a req. of my NNTP providor.

    ~misfit~, Feb 21, 2010