    It's too good of a machine to be sitting on a shelf. What can be done with
    it? Is there some super efficient version of Linux or BSD that will make
    this machine snappy?

    Stas Newdel, Dec 7, 2003

  2. Stas Newdel

    Ian Stirling Guest

    I'm finding my toshiba 3110CT (around the same age) quite snappy.
    Works fine for web browsing, watching movies wirelessly, ...
    192M PII300.0
    Running linux (slackware).

    It can be used as a router/firewall, web-cache, wireless network camera,
    wireless access point, MP3 player, .......

    Ian Stirling, Dec 7, 2003

  3. Stas Newdel

    Conor Guest

    Stick a decent HDD in it and make sure its got over 128MB of RAM. Set
    it up as a fileserver/firewall/mailserver.

    Conor, Dec 7, 2003
  4. Stas Newdel

    Brent Geery Guest

    I was going to make the same suggestion. I use an old
    550Mhz/192MB/20GB laptop as my
    file/filesharing/web/mail/print/scanner/firewall server. Works great,
    and uses a fraction of the electricity of using a desktop for this
    purpose.

    Brent Geery, Dec 9, 2003