    qazmlp1209 Guest

    What is the command to find out the number of cores(4 or 6 or 8) in
    the Netra T2000 machine?

    qazmlp1209, May 8, 2007

  2. Hi,
    Take a look at:-

    psrinfo -pv

    Cheers
    Richard

    Richard Skelton, May 8, 2007

  3. qazmlp1209

    Dan Foster Guest

    Take the output of 'psrinfo|wc -l' then divide it by 4.

    psrinfo|wc -l on 8 core T2000 will say '32', meaning 32 virtual
    processors.

    On 6 core T2000, it will say 24.
    On 4 core T2000, it will say 16.

    On a broken T2000, it will say something other than 16, 24, or 32. :p

    One virtual processor on T2000 = one hardware thread.
    Each UltraSPARC T1 (T1000, T2000) core has 4 hardware threads.
    So number of virtual processors divided by 4 equals number of cores.

    -Dan

    Dan Foster, May 8, 2007
  4. qazmlp1209

    Dan Foster Guest

    Ah, missed combining both args. Very nice, thank you -- that's more
    elegant than doing 'psrinfo|wc -l'.

    The original poster still needs to remember to divide that number by 4
    on the UltraSPARC T1 (e.g. T1000, T2000) to get number of cores.

    -Dan

    Dan Foster, May 8, 2007