How to find the pulse width of unknown frequency using 8051 microcontroller

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by ravikumar.n, Sep 8, 2005.

  1. ravikumar.n

    ravikumar.n Guest

    Respected Experts,
    I am Ravikumar.N, working on 8051 microcontroller. I
    have an issue regarding the pulses of unknown frequency.

    I am equipped with the following things:
    1) I have an 8051 based development baord.
    2)I have an unknown frequency source.

    My Purpose:
    I want to measure the pulse width of the unknown frequency that
    will be fed to 8051.

    My queries:

    1) I dont know to which pin of 8051, these unknown frequency
    pulses has to be fed inorder to measure the pulse width.

    2) Please let me know what logic has to be used to calculate the
    pulse width after these pulses(unknown frequenc pulses) are fed to an
    appropriate pin of 8051 microcontroller.

    Thanks In Advance,
    Ravikumar.N

    ravikumar.n, Sep 8, 2005