How to genearate a pulse with Variable ON-Time and OFF-Time using 8253(4) ?

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by lamb, Jan 13, 2005.

  1. lamb

    lamb Guest

    Thanks all reply. All of your advise are meaningful.
    Since I have some limitation, please kindly advise me how to generate
    the (1~9999)us ON / (1 ~ 9999) us OFF time pulse training using
    8253(4).
    The MCU will be ATMEL AT89c52RD2.

    In addition, the pulse train can be started and stop by external
    signal.
    Again, Condition -
    1/. 8253 / 8254.
    2/. MCU - AT89C52RD2
    3/. Range - 1~9999 us ON Time and 1 ~ 9999us OFF time , Adjustable.
    4/. Two External Signal - Level can be define.
    - Start : Allow the pulse output.
    - Stop : Disable the puls output and force the output to LOW.

    Thanks all.
    regards,
    lamb.

    lamb, Jan 13, 2005

  2. lamb

    Robert Scott Guest

    It cannot be done.

    -Robert Scott
    Ypsilanti, Michigan
    (Reply through this forum, not by direct e-mail to me, as automatic reply address is fake.)

    Robert Scott, Jan 13, 2005