    server, and the install wizard does not see my printer or the server
    it seems. What am I doing wrong with this? I am connected to the
    Internet through this router. Win2KPro, SP4 platform.

    Serial # 19781010, Dec 14, 2003

  2. Serial # 19781010

    Ben Myers Guest

    Download and try HP's Install Network Printer Wizard. This is one of HP's
    better software efforts, and different than the printer wizard built into
    Windows 2000000. Before using it, download and unzip the latest (last) drivers
    for the LJ4p. Also look at the outside surfaces of the JetDirect box and write
    down its MAC address. Finally, I forget how to do a manual reset on it, to get
    it back to its factory default conditions, but that may be useful, too.

    When you run the Install Network Printer Wizard, enter in the MAC address of the
    JetDirect box, rather than asking the software to search for it on your LAN.

    .... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Dec 15, 2003