How to get fan speeds on X4200?

Discussion in 'Sun Hardware' started by Rich Teer, May 23, 2007.

  1. Rich Teer

    Rich Teer Guest

    Hi all,

    I have an X4200 (not the M2 variety) running Solaris 10 11/06.
    Is there any way to monitor the status of the fans and so on
    from the command line? prtdiag -v and smbios don't supply the
    info I'd like (frustratingly, prtdiag -v on my SunBlade 1000
    does display the status of the fans...), so any pointers greatfully
    received. (I'd like this info from the command line so that I
    can incorporate the appropriate command into a script which
    monitors other things on this machine.)

    TIA,

    --
    Rich Teer, SCSA, SCNA, SCSECA, OGB member

    CEO,
    My Online Home Inventory

    Voice: +1 (250) 979-1638
    URLs: http://www.rite-group.com/rich
    http://www.myonlinehomeinventory.com

    Rich Teer, May 23, 2007

  2. "ipmitool sensor".

    Casper

    Casper H.S. Dik, May 23, 2007

  3. Rich Teer

    Rich Teer Guest

    Rich Teer, May 23, 2007
  4. Rich Teer

    maxodyne Guest

    Do you know of a command line equivilent for an Ultra 45? And maybe even
    a command to diag temperature sensors?

    TIA ... Max.

    maxodyne, May 24, 2007
  5. prtpicl possibly (as that is what works on the SunBlade x000 predecessors.

    Casper

    Casper H.S. Dik, May 24, 2007
  6. Am Thu, 24 May 2007 08:37:06 +0000 schrieb Casper H. S. Dik:
    yes

    prtpicl -v -c temperature-sensor

    Volker Jordan, May 26, 2007
  7. Rich Teer