    earlier versions of the drivers/control panel, but can find nothing now...
    any ideas how to get DVI back?

    Thanks in advance

    Sham B, Jan 17, 2004

  2. Sham B

    Sonic Guest

    right click desktop- properties, display properties-settings-advanced,
    options and check Alternate DVI operational mode. This should be checked as
    default when the drivers were installed

    Sonic

    Sonic, Jan 17, 2004

  3. Sham B

    Sham B Guest

    Hi Sonic, thanks for the info.
    I tried that but I cant see it on any tab, including the options tab

    On the options tab I see checkboxes for

    Show D3D warning messages
    Enable ATI taskbar icon application
    Show ATI icon on taskbar
    Disable quick resolution features

    I remember the Alternate DVI option being here, but its now gone on my
    machine (Cat3.7, 9500 pro, appears on properties as a 9700 pro because of
    BIOS mod).

    Looking at the displays tab, only the Monitor is enabled (YPbPs, TV, FPD are
    all disabled and unelectable). I guess I need to fool the driver into
    thinking I have a flatscreen display? (FPD)... but I have no idea how to do
    that.

    I am running a IIyama 19inch CRT btw, if that helps, and the catalyst driver
    correctly recognizes it as a HM903, but if I stop the driver using DDC
    information (Monitor tab then click on the monitor button to see the monitor
    properties, uncheck use DDC info) I still don't get any joy.

    My problem is definitely drivers. When I moved from cat 3.10 back to 3.7
    (stability/speed issues) the screen went blank and I didn't know what had
    happened until I moved the monitor cable... also, the card works on the DVI
    output fine on win98, where I didn't go to cat 3.10 (I have a dual booter)

    Those interference lines are minor in games, but they are driving me crazy
    because I do a lot of document editing and they look really bad on a white
    screen - headache inducing in fact :(

    Sham B, Jan 18, 2004