    the drives.

    Could someone please tell me a method to get to the DOS prompt?

    Any help appreciated.

    Seminole, Jun 16, 2004

  2. Seminole

    Mike Walsh Guest

    You need a DOS7.0 floppy with CDROM support. You can download an image from bootdisk.com.
    --

    When replying by Email include NewSGrouP (case sensitive) in Subject

    Mike Walsh
    West Palm Beach, Florida, U.S.A.

    Mike Walsh, Jun 16, 2004

  3. Seminole

    tarl smith Guest

    Get someone with windows 98 to make you a emergency start up disc, it
    needs to be 98 to have cd drivers. if your OS is on floppy, then you
    can probably just use a win 95 emergency strt disk.

    Tarl

    tarl smith, Jun 16, 2004
  4. Seminole

    DaveW Guest

    You can't get a DOS Prompt because, as you said there is no OS installed on
    the computer. That means that DOS is NOT installed.
    You need to have a System Disk (floppy) to first access the computer so you
    can install Windows 95.
    Time for you to go out and find an old System Disk from a friend or
    something.

    DaveW, Jun 17, 2004