How to get video to output to both Display and S-Video out simultaneously.

Discussion in 'ATI' started by JMI, Oct 18, 2004.

  1. JMI

    JMI Guest

    Hello,

    I have a Sapphire Radeon 9600XT 256mb card and I’ve figured out how I
    can get video to output to my VCR by connecting my VCR’s Video input to
    the S-Video out on the card. But that turns off the display to my
    monitor. I need to know how I can get video to output to both at the
    same time.

    I go to Control Panel, Displays, click the Setting tab, click the
    Advanced button and click the Displays tab. Then I click the red button
    on the TV section and click Apply. This then switches the video output
    to my VCR (I know this because I pressed Record on my VCR, recorded
    about 20 secs of video and played it back), but then nothing appears on
    my LCD display. I’ve got a Hot Key setup to switch back to the LCD display.

    Also the two other buttons on this tab are grayed out and I cannot
    select them (“Monitor” on the top-left and “FPD” on the bottom right (I
    have no idea what that setting is for).

    Not sure if this is important, but I also have my LCD display (an NEC
    Multisync LCD 1810) connected to the DVI on the card using the adapter
    that came with it. I’m also using display drivers that I downloaded
    from ATI’s website, not Sapphire’s. When I check Device Manager the
    version drivers I’m using are 6.14.10.6476 8/25/04.

    How can I get video to output to both my LCD display and the VCR
    simultaneously?

    Thanks,

    Jeff

    JMI, Oct 18, 2004