    I could minimize this problem?

    Thanks,
    Chris

    Chris Farmer, Nov 20, 2003

  2. Chris Farmer

    CJT Guest

    Server cases generally come with locks. Couldn't you also just put
    it out of reach?

    CJT, Nov 20, 2003

  3. Chris Farmer

    Chris Farmer Guest

    There is nothing "out of reach" of a mobile toddler. I have found
    some cases with a removable panel on the front. That would probably
    serve my purpose until she figures out how to remove the panel.

    Chris Farmer, Nov 21, 2003
  4. Chris Farmer

    RWatson767 Guest

    Chris

    There is nothing "out of reach" of a mobile toddler. I have found some cases
    with a removable panel on the front. That would probably serve my purpose
    until she figures out how to remove the panel.

    Get her her own computer to enjoy. Be sure to set it on the floor so it does
    not fall on her.
    Bob AZ

    RWatson767, Nov 21, 2003
  5. Chris:

    I don't have any answer for you, but your story did remind me of something from
    my past. Quite a few years ago, when my son was only about 2, I had a tower
    case that I kept on the floor. I had an L shaped computer desk, so I put the tower
    in the corner of the L, thinking that the confined space their would prevent child
    interference. I came home from work one day to find my son kneeling in front of
    the computer and happily pushing pennies into the floppy drive!

    Happily, floppy drives are pretty robust. I was able to shake most of the pennies
    out of the drive, though I did have to dismantle it to get the last one out.

    Anyway, from that point on I started teaching the children that the computer had
    to be handled like something fragile. Before the children were 5 they could be
    trusted to insert their own CD-ROMs. Because I overstressed the fragility
    of everything, my children have never broken a thing. They now know that
    (for example) disks aren't really that delicate, but the still handle them carefully
    by the edges only (unlike their friends). Nothing beats good training. }:)

    --
    Dan (Woj...) dmaster (at) lucent (dot) com

    "I believe in the kingdom come / Then all the colours will bleed into one
    Bleed into one / But yes, I'm still running
    You broke the bonds and you loosed the chains
    Carried the cross of my shame / Of my shame / You know I believe it"

    Dan Wojciechowski, Nov 22, 2003
  6. Chris Farmer

    Bob Eager Guest

    We've done that too. All of the computers are in two rooms that are not
    living rooms.....they have been told that no food or drink is allowed in
    there. At the age of 15 months, the first child was happily leaving his
    milk bottle (still the teat type) outside the door...!

    On their own PC, which came later, it IS in the living room, on an old
    desk in the corner. No food or drink to be placed on desk, or consumed
    while on chair, or while standing nearby. Yes, they tell us off if we
    forget!

    When I built their first PC, it had a diskette drive and a CDROM drive.
    Both were mounted about 20mm back from their usual positions, and I
    replaced the blank bezels. Only I needed to use them, after all...for
    system maintenance etc.

    Bob Eager, Nov 22, 2003