How to manage a external LCD

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Deely Hunter, Aug 27, 2004.

  1. Deely Hunter

    Deely Hunter Guest

    I have a standard Latitude C600. I'd going to attach a 17" LCD as an
    external screen. I tested it and it works fine.

    Questions.

    In WinXP I set the resolution on the LCD to 1280 / 1084 but on reboot the
    resolution drops back to lower settings. How do I set it permanently?

    I want to close the Latitude and just use a keyboard mouse and screen on my
    desk. How do I power ON without opening the lid.

    Thanks.

    Deely Hunter, Aug 27, 2004

  2. Deely Hunter

    Deely Hunter Guest

    Can anybody help me out with this?

    Deely Hunter, Aug 28, 2004

  3. Deely Hunter

    Deely Hunter Guest

    Is this such a big deal that nobody has any idea.

    Deely Hunter, Aug 29, 2004
  4. Maybe. This is a public newsgroup where everyone who posts is volunteering
    whatever time and ability they have. Could be nobody knows the answer to
    your question, or maybe the people who do know just don't follow this
    newsgroup. Are you familiar with how newsgroups work?

    Ted Zieglar

    Ted Zieglar aka Rocky, Aug 29, 2004
  5. Deely Hunter

    Tom Scales Guest

    I would have jumped in, but have no idea. That's not the way it is supposed
    to work, so therefore there is a problem.

    Tom

    Tom Scales, Aug 29, 2004
  6. Deely Hunter

    Mercury Guest

    For someone demanding free help, you seem awfully demanding and
    unappreciative. That is not likely to get you much assistance here.

    Mercury, Aug 29, 2004
  7. Deely Hunter

    S.Lewis Guest

    I'd suggest the OP toss this same question up over on the Dell community
    forums under the Latitude general and Latitude video boards.

    Stew

    S.Lewis, Aug 30, 2004
  8. Deely Hunter

    Al Guest

    Since there is no power switch on the outside of the Dell, you need to get a
    docking station.
    It does have an external power switch.

    I have the same situation.
    The new dell d series docking stations are not compatible with the older c
    series, you can probably pick one up on ebay, or from a company upgrading
    their laptops (and docking stations).
    I was lucky enought o get my ds for free from a company upgrading.

    Al, Aug 30, 2004