    I will be very grateful for yours help!

    Best Regards

    PaweB

    jcd, Apr 1, 2006

  2. jcd

    smurfcity Guest

    Hiy

    Firtsly, do you have a fan assembly to replace in this machine

    If yes then the process is quite straightforward

    Firstly lift the lcd. Now, up from the keyboard you have the 'middl
    cover', this is the one with the power button on it. On each end o
    this middle cover, you will see hinge covers. With a flat blad
    screwdriver, gently insert into gap between hinge cover and middl
    cover and gently twist the scewdrier to ease the hinge covers off
    Now the middle cover is attached with two small screws at each end
    Remove these. The middle cover, is clipped down at the back. If yo
    run your fingers down the back edge of the middle cover, it will com
    away and lift off...

    Be careful though as there is a cable connected to the cover. Thi
    does not need to be removed.

    With the middle cover removed, you will see the fan assembly, whic
    you will see how to remove

    You will need heatpaste for the cpu, as the fan incorporates the cp
    heat sink

    Hope this helps. If you need more help then email me and i will giv
    as much assistance as i can

    By the way, I am both a Toshiba and Acer qualified repair technician

    smurfcity, Apr 7, 2006

  3. jcd

    Gabriel Guest

    Just who I was looking for! I'm interested in replacing the optical drive in
    my Aspire 3000 laptop with an NEC ND-6500A which I already own. I have
    looked at the Acer service manual but I have little expertise with laptops
    and can't really figure it out. :( I would also eventually like to upgrade
    the hard drive (I can probably handle that) and the CPU (I would prefer that
    to be done by a qualified technician). Also, is there a site where I can
    find Acer repair technicians in my area (Olando, Florida, USA)?

    Thanks in advance for any help you may offer.

    Gabriel, Apr 13, 2006
  4. jcd

    smurfcity Guest

    To get to the optical drive you will need to remove the 'middle cover
    (one with power button on)
    With the notebook closed, turn it round so back is facing you. You
    should see three scews-one in each of the 'hinge covers' supportin
    the lcd. Remove these, then open the notebook/ Remove the middl
    cover by gently lifting one back corner, and gently pulling up
    Remove the keyboard, held with two screws-BE CAREFUL NOT TO PULL TH
    KEYBOARD out as you may damage the ribbon cable-best leave i
    connected. Under keyboard you should see one screw in the middle lef
    of the 'mainboard', which also holds the optical drive in. Remove thi
    screw to slide the drive out

    Not sure if your drive will fit, and you may need drivers for it

    As to support in the US, I do not know, sorry

    smurfcity, Apr 15, 2006
  5. jcd

    Gabriel Guest

    Thank you smurfcity.

    Gabriel, Apr 21, 2006
  6. jcd

    jcd Guest

    Thanks :) for help.

    I'm very grateful.

    Best Regards

    Jcd

    jcd, May 10, 2006
  7. jcd

    roeei Guest

    Thanks for the info.I did what you said and it took 10 minutes. Som
    people still help others without knowing them. Ro

    roeei, Jun 17, 2006
  8. jcd

    prassoon

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Acer Travelmate 382TCi

    Hi

    I also have the similar problem... my system sometimes does not boot saying CPU fan not working.. It is making weird sound too.. but sometimes it works fine.. I think it become too much dusty... Could you please tell me how to open this particular model (Acer Travelmate 382TCi).

    prassoon, Jul 5, 2007