    From: feronni ()
    Subject: Opening a HP Omnibook XE2
    This is the only article in this thread
    Newsgroups: comp.laptops, comp.sys.laptops, uk.comp.sys.laptops
    Date: 2003-01-26 09:07:09 PST

    Could anyone please offer some advice on opening up a HP Omnibook XE2
    laptop.

    ........basically how is it done :)

    I want to open it up because the connector for the PSU has become
    loose and
    I want to be able to determine if I am able to repair it myself.
    I do not know whether it is connected directly to the motherboard or
    not.

    My main problem at the moment is trying to get into the laptop.

    Any Help/Advice appreciated

    tony

    rutul, Nov 29, 2004

  2. Tony-

    You need a service manual (I have the HP Pavilion X3xxx series, identical to
    the XE2, and opened mine up easily). If you google for something like
    "download hp xe2 service manual" you'll find a link, probably for free. Once
    you have the manual, it details opening the case step by step. I had the
    same problem (AC connector), and I must admit, the area you want to examine
    is probably the most "hidden" of any part of the notebook. I think I had to
    even remove the motherboard (don't remember for sure though) to see it. In
    the end, I had to take mine to a shop for them to solder the AC adapter
    receptacle back into one piece. But good luck!

    [email protected], Dec 2, 2004