    what is the best way to open the back cover and get it out. Can
    anybody help me with some guide?

    Thanks a lot.

    Lost, Mar 1, 2004

  2. Lost

    Ayoros Guest

    Hi,
    If you just try but fail, you would loose warranty.
    As your monitor is at least warrantied 1 year,
    I recommand you phone to Dell support.
    Even if they can't send a technician
    to do this, they'll either send you a new screen
    or guide you online.

    The advantage of being guided online
    is that if you break or dismount something
    Dell will assume that instead of you...

    Rgds

    Ayoros, Mar 1, 2004

  3. Lost

    Lost Guest

    Thanks for your repoly, but that's the thing I bought it from somebody
    and I don't have any warranty on it whatsoever. I just need to get the
    screw out. I need to find out how to disassemble the whole thing and
    get the screw out. I work with electronics, so I know how to treat
    such stuff.

    Lost, Mar 2, 2004
  4. Lost

    hound dog Guest

    locate the position of the screw and drill a small hole to drop it out of.
    or you could use a hammer and pry bar. they work every time.

    hound dog, Mar 3, 2004
  5. Lost

    goop Guest

    Don't do that!

    As has been hashed over many times in this newsgroup, all dell branded
    monitors (and therefore your 1703fp) carry a 3 year warranty from the date
    of manufacture.

    If your service tag is out of warranty, find a warranty thazt is within its
    warranty. it doesn't matter whether the flat panel is on the order for that
    system or not. if they balk at sending a monitor to you, argue with them
    until they replace it. if they still won't demand to speak to a supervisor,
    and if they don't give you satisfaction, start climbing that escalation
    ladder.

    few things annoy me more than techs who don't honor warranties or don't know
    internal policies.

    If you were using the monitor correctly and a piece came loose within the
    monitor, DON'T OPEN THE MONITOR! get some service on the monitor. you paid
    good money for it and shouldn't have to take it apart and expose yourself to
    danger (and void your warranty) when they can just as easily replace it.

    goop, Mar 3, 2004
  6. Lost

    Ayoros Guest

    Goop, as already mentionned,
    this is old time.

    Now monitors have their own warranties, purchased appart,
    and technies have all necessary tools to find monitors original order.

    Once determined that the monitor came with an out of warranty system,
    do you really think you can argue and "climb escalation ladders" saying
    "You shall replace under warranty my out of warranty monitor !" ?
    ;)

    Rgds

    Ayoros, Mar 5, 2004