How to physically connect to a KS0713 LCD driver?

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by mpelenur, Aug 11, 2007.

  1. mpelenur

    mpelenur Guest

    Hi,

    I'm sure this is a trivial question, but since I'm just starting out,
    I'll ask anyway.

    I have a PIC18LF series MPU which I've succesfully mounted on a socket
    and demo board. I also have a small Truly LCD display with a KS0713
    controller/driver on a TCP package. Now, I just don't know how to best
    connect them.

    I was looking for some kind of hardware header which I could 'slide'
    the TCP package into, and then solder the other end to my demo board,
    but I'm not even sure something like that exists. The pins from the
    KS0713 are so tightly spaced that if I solder by hand, I'm afraid I'll
    short a couple out.

    Does anybody have any advice on the matter? Hopefully I provided
    enough info, otherwise let me know. Any help is really appreciated.

    mpelenur, Aug 11, 2007