    any ideas?
    cheers
    cw

    code_wrong, Nov 29, 2005

  2. code_wrong

    RRR_News Guest

    If you got the MS Word/MS Works bundle as part of your purchase, and installed
    the OS using the PBell Recovery/Restore CD, then check the following:

    Start button> Programs> Packard Bell> Software Tracker> Select Word and Works
    programs (even if the box is grayed out) to be reinstalled> Run the wizard to do
    a reinstall/repair of the programs.

    You may need the Restore CD for this

    --

    Rich/rerat

    (RRR News) <message rule>

    Problem: MSWord has been accidentally deleted from Packard Bell system
    (PB9533).

    We have the PB recovery disks (I'm sure word will be on there) but wish to
    avoid destroying everything on the hard drive just to reinstall word.
    any ideas?
    cheers
    cw

    RRR_News, Nov 30, 2005

  3. code_wrong

    code_wrong Guest

    thanks ... I did not find the software tracker but I launched the PB
    navigation bar .. or whatever it's called .. I was then able to reinstall
    Word from the recovery disks ..
    But now Word wants a product key .. what a pain in the **** .. I have no
    idea where that is .. may be on some documentation somewhere .... I will
    stay on the case, but it looks very much like Microsoft are going to receive
    ANOTHER £80 from me .. *!)(*&$$$ ****!!!! absolutely infuriating ..

    code_wrong, Nov 30, 2005
  4. code_wrong

    metronid Guest

    The code may be a an item that can be obtained
    What is the exact version of Word.

    The price would be a lot lower if the EU did place such stiff fines on
    Microsoft.
    The EU does this on American Cosmetics and whole bunch of other products.

    They have set up standards that make any non EU product fail their import
    brequirements

    In any case I can get you the code
    Just need specifics

    metronid, Nov 30, 2005
  5. code_wrong

    RRR_News Guest

    If you have any old documentation that came with your PBell. Was there a box, that the Word CD came in, was it part of the PBell ReInstallation Disk, or was it on a seperate CD? My "bundled" Word program that was part of the ReInstallation program, did not need a Product Key. If so there may be the Word Product Key on it.

    Another thing that you can try since it is a W98. Is to download Belarc Advisor. It might be able to give you the product key, of the Word program.

    Install it, and see if it will show the product key.

    --

    Rich/rerat

    (RRR News) <message rule>

    RRR_News, Nov 30, 2005
  6. code_wrong

    code_wrong Guest

    it's word 2000
    Version 9.00.2720 according to the 'Everest' program
    There's a lot of skullduggery on all sides I think .. and there are a lot
    worse things been done than protectionism .. but that's for another
    newsgroup . and I don't want to take sides

    code_wrong, Nov 30, 2005
  7. code_wrong

    code_wrong Guest

    If you have any old documentation that came with your PBell. Was there a
    box, that the Word CD came in, was it part of the PBell ReInstallation Disk,
    or was it on a seperate CD? My "bundled" Word program that was part of the
    ReInstallation program, did not need a Product Key. If so there may be the
    Word Product Key on it.

    Another thing that you can try since it is a W98. Is to download Belarc
    Advisor. It might be able to give you the product key, of the Word program.

    Install it, and see if it will show the product key.

    I tried Everest . (a newer version of Belarc?) it didn't yield a product
    key.
    MS Word is bundled with the re-installation disks .. I am loath to try a
    clean install (the only bloomin' option with these PB disks) .. as I will
    lose all programs and data (well I could back that up I suppose) .. but then
    afterwards will I have a useable word application? .. it's not clear that
    would be the case
    cheeers
    cw

    --

    Rich/rerat

    (RRR News) <message rule>

    code_wrong, Nov 30, 2005
  8. code_wrong

    metronid Guest

    The coes are available on serialz 200
    for all versions of word

    metronid, Nov 30, 2005
  9. code_wrong

    RRR_News Guest

    code_wrong,
    Check and see if you have the following folder:
    C:\WINDOWS\OPTIONS\GTS

    See if there one or both of these files are present:
    a. stracker.exe
    b. stk.exe

    If present, double click either one, and the Software tracker program should start.

    Also see if the following file types are there as well.
    a. *.GTS
    b. *.GTZ

    Since you appear to be in the UK, you should be able to get help from PBell Support there.

    --

    Rich/rerat

    (RRR News) <message rule>

    RRR_News, Nov 30, 2005
  10. code_wrong

    code_wrong Guest

    hmm .. good point... wonder if they will furnish me with a product key ..
    only one way to find out ...
    (I did not have the strcker or the stk programs by the way )

    code_wrong, Dec 1, 2005
  11. code_wrong

    metronid Guest

    Forget It

    I offered the product key/serial twice
    offer rescinded

    metronid, Dec 1, 2005
  12. code_wrong

    code_wrong Guest

    your previous message was not explicit. you implied it was available, but I
    thought you meant .. it was out there somewhere .. i.e. on some cracker site

    I want to pursue a legit method for getting a key .. I don't want to get
    verification problems from Microsoft ... I should probably have said this is
    not my system I am trying to fix it for a friend of a friend

    having said that I have had no luck at packard bell support .. they don't
    appear to do email support . or even telephone support only snail mail ..
    incredible ..

    code_wrong, Dec 1, 2005
  13. code_wrong

    metronid Guest

    Not a problem
    I understand

    If you own the product
    and have title to it

    It really would not matter what serial you used

    Microssoft does take care of lost product key/serials

    metronid, Dec 2, 2005